Eric Minor reads my blog. HI ERIC!! You don't know this, but I visited the station one time during a broadcast, you and Shelby were anchoring (it was 5 o clock) and we were in the control booth with Matt Gallabrese (he was giving us a tour) and I waved and you waved back! It was fun, and I think it was over two years ago. I swear to God I'm not a creeper.........Swear.
I have some questions for you, Eric... Have you ever seen the movie Anchorman? If so, can you grow a mustache like Ron Burgundy? That would be pretty sick. If you can't, tell Dino to. I haven't been home to watch the news in a while, is he still on there? I remember waking up to News 9 Sunrise when I was in grade school (St. Agnes in Mingo - it's closed now) and he would seem kinda tired reading the news - I thought it probably sucked to have the morning shift becuase you'd have to sit htere all day and read stuff.
To be honest I remember when Sherri McCutchon and Jim Forbes were on news 9 Midday... but only a few times did I see that because I'd be home sick from school or something or a snow day (and I just left the news on all day.. go fig.) First it was Price is Right then news 9. Oh hey, did you know you guys always start the newscast early? Like, it says News 9 at 6, but you start at like 5:58! So...... you're lying. And what's more, you end early, too. Don't get me wrong, I understand why: the news here in these ol' podunk towns isn't all that interesting, and frankly quite depressing... I think, anyway. Who wants to go longer than needed in depressing people? That sounds like a new NBC game show... Sorry dudes, it's been done.
So those are a few of my thoughts on the subject of you reading my blog. Which I still think is hilarious. Say, you work for NBC (sort of). Can you hook me up with Tina Fey? That'd be awesome too. And hilarious. Oh the stories I would tell.............
Here's a Star Wars picture for you, Eric. Just for you. Enjoy. Comment back!
2 comments:
Awesome!
Let's see. My mustache-growing skills are pretty weak. I end up getting kind of a dirty VanDike beard.
I'll ask Dino if he can rock the Burgundy-stache.
Jim and Sherrie are still very good friends of mine.
As for the start-time of the news, I think it's some sort of marketing trick. We go seamlessly out of Oprah and Seinfeld to keep our captive audience.
How about "NEWS9 Live at Five-ish," or "NEWS9 at Almost-Six."
I will do what I can for you and Tina Fey. She is a whole bunch of awesome, very smart and a big SW geek to boot.
In conclusion, IS THAT BEA ARTHUR? My eyes, my eyes!
YES! 30 Rock here I come (...thhhhat's what she said..?)
I enjoy the new broadcast titles. I'll hope to see/hear them when I go home this weekend.
Post a Comment