So...
How long does it take for a candle to finally go out? A while. How long does it take for the wick to get burned? Not long at all, only takes a few seconds.
I guess, just as plain ol' people, we try to see how long we can keep our candles going-- how long we can put up with (to use a bad word, tolerate) stuff-- in relation to how long it takes for our wicks to get lit, or how something keeps our interest.
Basically put... I feel like I'm burning out. My wick was lit long ago, and I'm having a total meltdown and burnout etc etc. Not a meltdown, that will come a few weeks later from now. I sit here righ tnow thinking about 4 things I could be doing and yet I'm listening to music and writing this. There's always those few days every 2 weeks that you feel like the world will end tonight, RIGHT AFTER you finish that stuff you have to do. So, in a way, it's like you're delaying the end oft he world-doing the world a favor by extending everyone's lives by a few seconds, minutes, hours... never been days yet but I'm sure someone's procrastinated that long. Don't want to meet that person though.
I'm kinda done trying... Right now I'm at the point where, if I do my own business and get my shit done and I can scuttle out of the way for ... ahem.. "bigger" fish to inhabit the pond, I'm a (cough) happy camper. Pardon me, I must have a hitch in my lung-al area. Sniff.
But in doing all that coughing, am I really helping anyone out? That fish is just going to keep on swimming and sucking up all the pond scum with his gills and will be none the wiser until he eventually dies of over-sucking of pond scum. Will that fish learn a lesson? Maybe. I'm betting on "no".
OR does the fish know all he should know? Can I teach that fish anything? Better yet, can I learn anything from that stupid fish? Seems like all he knows how to do is swim around, flap his big gums and suck in pond scum in order to rehabilitate the flapping and gumming (wow I just realized how "big" a fish this fish is... too bad there's not a mirror around). I'm pretty sure I already know how to do all that. So... I say to you, Mr. Fish, stop judging me. It's not helping you, it's not helping me. IN fact it's annoying the hell out of me to even listen to or watch anything like it.
Fin.
No comments:
Post a Comment